Thread: Excel to Word

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an Excel file someone has typed text into. I'd like to take this into Word as it it is more suitable in Word. When I copy and paste into Word it comes in and doesn't fully utilize all of the page. I thought it was because the Excel file had "enters" at end of sentence but I can't appear to get rid of.

I am attaching. Any ideas on how to fix? Don't know if I am clear or not...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mitjones' post='797564' date='12-Oct-2009 13:35']I have an Excel file someone has typed text into. I'd like to take this into Word as it it is more suitable in Word. When I copy and paste into Word it comes in and doesn't fully utilize all of the page. I thought it was because the Excel file had "enters" at end of sentence but I can't appear to get rid of.

I am attaching. Any ideas on how to fix? Don't know if I am clear or not...[/quote]

Thought: If you don't think you will need to edit it in the future, why not create a .pdf file?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by "When I copy and paste into Word it comes in and doesn't fully utilize all of the page."
    The word document that you attached contains two pictures, which very nearly fill the page, and there is only one page. I don't see how we can fix this for you!

Can you post the word document that you are having problems with.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It is attached on my original post...

[quote name='StuartR' post='797574' date='12-Oct-2009 20:24']I'm not sure what you mean by "When I copy and paste into Word it comes in and doesn't fully utilize all of the page."
    The word document that you attached contains two pictures, which very nearly fill the page, and there is only one page. I don't see how we can fix this for you!

Can you post the word document that you are having problems with.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mitjones' post='797585' date='12-Oct-2009 20:46']It is attached on my original post...[/quote]
    The word document attached to your original post contains a PICTURE of an excel worksheet. Is this what you intended.

Exactly how did you copy and paste this into Word?

How do you want it to appear in the word document? If you want it to be a Word table then try selecting the cells in Excel, copy these, then go to Word, Paste Special, HTML Format.