3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A wonderful addition to our troubleshooting tools - remote control free for non-commercial use. TEAMVIEWER

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jolas' post='797702' date='13-Oct-2009 09:58']A wonderful addition to our troubleshooting tools - remote control free for non-commercial use. TEAMVIEWER[/quote]
    Please tell us later about your experiences with this product.

In case you're not aware of it and would like to do some comparison, in the thread at Post 765009 earlier this year, Joe Perez pointed out a BIG comparison chart at Comparison of remote desktop software. I don't know how old that chart is now but your product is included in the wide comparisons. Might be interesting reading.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jolas' post='797702' date='13-Oct-2009 13:58']A wonderful addition to our troubleshooting tools - remote control free for non-commercial use. TEAMVIEWER[/quote]

I've tried only the free version and so far I like the responsiveness of the connection and the simplicity of using it. I've only used this software to assist and give tech support to friends and family so far. Remote Control, File Transfer are basically the things I normally need although the other functionalities like chat, vpn connection, presentation and recording of sessions might be useful Iam just glad that they are available in case I would need them in the future. And I've only done this on windows (Vista, Xp) environment. Have not tried with with other platform.

Although I've not tried the vpn connection it requires vpn virtual adapter on both end of the connection, and this will be available as an option if you opt to install.

Simplicity is because you only need two pieces of software - client (controlling computer) module and the host (remotely controlled computer) module. You may opt to install or run the client module directly, a very simple user interface window would pop out giving you option to remote control, file transfer, show your desktop or establish a VPN connection to your host (or partner term used to refer to the controlled computer). You will be assigned a user id and password that you relay to your partner. The host module (TeamViewQS quicksupport) run immediately without installation and will also be assigned a user id and password that needs to be relayed to the client computer. Once this info are plugged onto the client module a connection session will immediately be possible depending on the choice made on the controlling computer. In my case mostly remote control. Both modules do not require administrative privilege to connect and no need to fiddle with firewall and router settings - it just worked.

I've tried to run some adsl speedtest on both side of the connection the client end has an average download speed of 4.5Mbs and the host end is about 30Mbs (mega bits per second) overall I feel like I am in front of the remote controlled computer. Client computer is a 2.6GHz dual core with 2GB ram and the host machine is a 2.4GHz single core 2GB ram.

The other modules included in the paid version I bet are useful if one is managing a pool of computers and supporting a lot of user. Teamviewer portable may interest people who travel frequently and want to use TeamViewer from different, always changing computers and can be run from a usb stick.

Your conditions and support requirement may vary compared to mine of course. Have nice day.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey, THANK YOU for sharing those comments. Hopefully this will encourage someone to give it a try.

Thanks
    [quote name='jolas' post='797812' date='14-Oct-2009 06:44']Simplicity is because you only need two pieces of software -[/quote]
    CrossLoop only need the one piece of software at each end - and the PC being shared be at either end, and interchangeably, via the typing of a 12-digit number presented to you. Has no problems with firewalls, and if you avoid all the inducements to create accounts, pay for helpers, and the like, it's free...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...