New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I am encountering in a couple of my Access tables. In several of my fields (including the primary key) I am receiving this: ################

The pound signs only appear in the first row of the table and no where else. Recently, we had some data deleted and switched over to a restored version of the database. The pound signs do not appear in the tables of the old database.

Can anyone explain this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

This probably means that that record had become corrupt.
    When you perform a Compact and Repair of the database, corrupt values will be replaced with 16 pound signs in a row.

You might see if you can reconstruct the original values, for example by looking at an older backup. If not, it's best to delete the corrupt record.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797710' date='13-Oct-2009 11:08']Welcome to the Lounge!

This probably means that that record had become corrupt.
    When you perform a Compact and Repair of the database, corrupt values will be replaced with 16 pound signs in a row.

You might see if you can reconstruct the original values, for example by looking at an older backup. If not, it's best to delete the corrupt record.[/quote]

Thanks so much!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks again for your explanation. However, now that brings up a second question If I went back and compared the old database with the restored one and corrected any inconsistencies, should the pound signs go away? Or will it still recognize a corrupt value? Thank you!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='kmooney' post='798195' date='15-Oct-2009 20:32']Thanks again for your explanation. However, now that brings up a second question If I went back and compared the old database with the restored one and corrected any inconsistencies, should the pound signs go away? Or will it still recognize a corrupt value? Thank you![/quote]
    As far as I know, you can enter new (or rather old) values over the # signs; when you've done this the # signs should be gone.