5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a report that is controlled by a form. On the form people enter their Manager number and then their employee id. Once they do this, a report is generated. Everyone seems to be able to run this report except this one person. She gets a runtime error of 2486. I can't figure out why everyone but her can get a report. Since I can't replicate what she is getting, I am at a loss as to why this is happening. What does runtime error 2486 mean? I looked it up in help but can't fine anything.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Error 2486 is "You can't carry out this action at the present time". This usually means that Access was busy doing something else, but it could be something different - VBA error messages are notoriously vague.

Has the report been set up for a specific printer (in File | Page Setup...)?
    - If so, does this user have that printer installed?
    - If not, has this user set a printer as default printer?
    Access reports can't open if the printer can't be found (even if you don't want to print the report at all).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797714' date='13-Oct-2009 16:40']Error 2486 is "You can't carry out this action at the present time". This usually means that Access was busy doing something else, but it could be something different - VBA error messages are notoriously vague.

Access reports can't open if the printer can't be found (even if you don't want to print the report at all).[/quote]

That sounds like something we can look into. I will let you know if that was the problem.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797714' date='13-Oct-2009 16:40']Error 2486 is "You can't carry out this action at the present time". This usually means that Access was busy doing something else, but it could be something different - VBA error messages are notoriously vague.

Access reports can't open if the printer can't be found (even if you don't want to print the report at all).[/quote]

That was the problem. She didn't have a default printer selected. I told her how to select a default printer and the report opened. Thank you for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Good! Thanks for posting back.