4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

For about 2 weeks when I try to run a viseo segment that uses flash either nothing happens, black screen, or I get a message that the site is busy and to try again later. Also if I receive a shockwave file I only see the little blue and green icao in the top right of the screen.

This has shown up on my desktop at home, my laptop at work and several colleagues laptops as well.

Could a recent Windows/IE update have disabled somethiing?
    cheers

Phil Carter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have all recent updates, and no problems with Flash content or videos.

Have you tried completely uninstalling Flash (How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control), then reinstalling it (Adobe Flash Player).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797743' date='14-Oct-2009 06:23']I have all recent updates, and no problems with Flash content or videos.

Have you tried completely uninstalling Flash (How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control), then reinstalling it (Adobe Flash Player).[/quote]

Previously had latest updates version 10.0.32.18. Uninstalled, re-installed, rebooted no difference.
    cheers

Phil Carter

Lounger
    Thanks
    Curious here--have you found a solution? I have the same problem on my home computer.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='hkbell' post='799378' date='22-Oct-2009 10:44']Curious here--have you found a solution? I have the same problem on my home computer.[/quote]

Have you tried the suggestion of unisntalling according to the Adobe link, re-booting, and then reinstalling?

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe hi

Yes I have tried that. Seems to have improved the situation a little. i.e I can watch 1 maybe 2 flash items and then the flash player just refuses to work properly. Ther is just a black screen and if I click in the screen a "pause" symbol flashes up.
    cheers

Phil Carter

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='bonriki' post='799396' date='22-Oct-2009 12:50']Joe hi

Yes I have tried that. Seems to have improved the situation a little. i.e I can watch 1 maybe 2 flash items and then the flash player just refuses to work properly. Ther is just a black screen and if I click in the screen a "pause" symbol flashes up.[/quote]

If you are able to watch 1 or more successfully and then have a problem it is likely not the Flash player software.

1.) It could be the Flash video itself. Can you shutdown IE, restart IE, and then successfully watch the video that failed?
    2.) It could be the quality of your Internet connection. Do other internet related activities seem fine?
    3.) Have you clear your Temporary Internet Files?

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe once again thanks

Problem seems to have resolved itself. Not sure how I have just been on YouTube and watched a whole bunch of video. No problems!

I did uninstall using the Adobe tools, reinstalled, did a disk cleanup, restarted several times. As I said not sure which did the trick.

Thanks again for your time
    cheers

Phil Carter

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='bonriki' post='799441' date='22-Oct-2009 17:21']Joe once again thanks

Problem seems to have resolved itself. Not sure how I have just been on YouTube and watched a whole bunch of video. No problems!

I did uninstall using the Adobe tools, reinstalled, did a disk cleanup, restarted several times. As I said not sure which did the trick.

Thanks again for your time[/quote]

You're welcome. Just glad it is resolved for now. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe