5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I managed to get the select count(*) to work by explicitly declaring my param to be CDbl (even tho the var is defined as Double). which is a bit retarded, but whatever.

now with this:

SELECT INTO EditMDS ([MFADS Data]) Where [Form Dln] = 00000000000;

I get the same 'using a reserved keyword or punctuation incorrect'. this happens in code OR in a SQL Query. progress has been made -- now it's totally broken.

I tried this with an exact copy (with no data) from the [MFADS Data] table to the new, empty table and the same error occurs, so it's not a matter of some missing columns or unmatched datatypes from one table to the other. I REALLY don't think i'm using a reserved word.

whoops - sorry, Select Into syntax is incorrect

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    See my reply about doubles in your previous thread - I think you may want to use a Currency data type to make that work - it will handle larger numbers precisely.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am handling the value as text - that works. I don't know why it wasn't working originally but probably i had the column set to number somewhere. I don't think there will be a need to actually manipulate the field value anyway.