Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Suddenly...
    • If I enter "gwyn" in the "Find a contact" field (F11), I successfully find a contact called "Gwyn".
      But, if I display the address book (Ctrl+Shift+B) and search for "gwyn", there is no entry.

Similarly, I can't find the "gwyn" when using the "To" button in a new email. But I can find most of my contacts. Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Right-click your Contacts folder.
    Select Properties from the popup menu.
    Activate the Address Book tab.
    Make sure that the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is ticked.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='797776' date='14-Oct-2009 11:07']Right-click your Contacts folder.
    Select Properties from the popup menu.
    Activate the Address Book tab.
    Make sure that the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is ticked.[/quote]

Thanks, Hans. Yes, that is ticked. I have only one address book, so it's ticked and greyed out. Note that the problem only occurs for some contacts, which is what's so confusing.

Thanks
    [quote name='David Paul' post='797774' date='13-Oct-2009 15:01']
    • If I enter "gwyn" in the "Find a contact" field (F11), I successfully find a contact called "Gwyn".
      But, if I display the address book (Ctrl+Shift+ and search for "gwyn", there is no entry.
    [/quote]
    The address book search seems to require a match at the beginning of the name, rather than anywhere in the name. Is gwyn at the beginning of the name as displayed in the address book dialog?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='797786' date='14-Oct-2009 11:39']The address book search seems to require a match at the beginning of the name, rather than anywhere in the name. Is gwyn at the beginning of the name as displayed in the address book dialog?[/quote]
    The contact's full name is "Gwyn Smith" and it's saved as "Gwyn Smith".

I've also tried creating a new contact called "Damn Tarnation" and it fails in the same way. There's not a limit as to how many contact you have, is there? (I have 692.)

Thanks
    [quote name='David Paul' post='797788' date='13-Oct-2009 15:59']I've also tried creating a new contact called "Damn Tarnation" and it fails in the same way. There's not a limit as to how many contact you have, is there? (I have 692.)[/quote]
    I just noticed you are using Outlook 2007. I'm not able to test effectively on that version.