Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to install fp2k on NT (2000)

Hello,
    I'm trying to install FP2000 on a WinNT 4.0 sr6 machine. The install ran fine through most of the install. The install asked me to reboot and I did. Then while it was configuring FP, it hung. This lasted for a while so I ended the task.

FP now shows up but I can't unistall it to try and reinstall it. Every time I run setup, it want's to install and hangs on the Welcome preparing for install screen.

Any clues?

John

PS - I've got Notes and renamed the notes.ini file and disabled norton

Thanks

Re: Unable to install fp2k on NT (2000)

"FP now shows up "

Can you clarify?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unable to install fp2k on NT (2000)

Ok. I was able to download a utility from Microsoft that would cleanup install or uninstalls. Then FP would install up to a point. The final thing that happens is I get a window that says "Completing Microsoft Frontpage 2000 Installation" with the progress bar at about 33% complete. It hangs here.

If I end that task, I see FP in the start menu. It launches. If I choose About/Tech support, It trys to install again.

There are a few scratches on the disk. I may try to find another copy somewhere.

John