Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this the correct section of the lounge to post this but since I can't find what I'm looking elsewhere I figured I'd give it a shot.

I have a webpage with a form control. It is bound to a sql database. There is a sqlDatasource called sqlZipcode that contains the city with the corresponding state and zipcode. When the user selects the city I want the [state] and [zipcode] textboxes to automatically fill. I've set the [city] drop down list to autopost back but that is as far as I've gotten. I know how I would do this in Access but for the life of me can't figure it out in asp.net.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Thanks
    [quote name='Leesha' post='797940' date='14-Oct-2009 10:34']When the user selects the city I want the [state] and [zipcode] textboxes to automatically fill. I've set the [city] drop down list to autopost back but that is as far as I've gotten.[/quote]
    If you do not initially download all the data and therefore need to retrieve it from the server, you should consider using the ASP.NET AJAX library. I don't use it myself, so I can't tell you anything specific about implementation.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks! I'll look into this.

Leesha