Thread: Font Problem

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Trying to help a lady with her OE and ran on to a weird problem. I set the default compose font to 14 point and that's what shows up when opening a new email. However, upon entering the first character in the text area the font immediately changes to 12 point, and it absolutely will not change to any other font size. I'm thinking that maybe she has a version provided by some previous ISP (like Earthlink or whatever) and perhaps that's the cause. Should I try uninstalling and re-installing IE8 to get a fresh copy of OE?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Chuck Tucker' post='797987' date='14-Oct-2009 15:17']Trying to help a lady with her OE and ran on to a weird problem. I set the default compose font to 14 point and that's what shows up when opening a new email. However, upon entering the first character in the text area the font immediately changes to 12 point, and it absolutely will not change to any other font size. I'm thinking that maybe she has a version provided by some previous ISP (like Earthlink or whatever) and perhaps that's the cause. Should I try uninstalling and re-installing IE8 to get a fresh copy of OE?[/quote]

OE is NOT supplied as part of IE8.

See if OLEXP: Cannot Change Text Format Using Outlook Express helps.

Note: Consider using Mail - Windows Live instead. It is the follow on product to OE.

Joe
    Joe