New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Outlook 2007 and want to use stationery. Under 'tools/options/mail format', I found the stationery button, but the screen tells me that 'no themes are installed' and no stationery is listed. I used Control Panel to change the Outlook components and selected 'stationery' and the 'extended' stationery options - each time I was told that the component had been succesfully installed. When I started Outlook again, it still tells me that 'no themes are installed' and there is no sign of any stationery.

Can anyone tell me how to get the stationery to show itself? I want to be able to add some customised stationery (using HTML pages loaded in the stationery folder) - I have done this on another machine with Outlook installed, but that version has themes and stationeryt showing correctly. I'm not sure what is wrong with the setup on this computer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='285JS237' post='798441' date='16-Oct-2009 19:22']I am using Outlook 2007 and want to use stationery. Under 'tools/options/mail format', I found the stationery button, but the screen tells me that 'no themes are installed' and no stationery is listed. I used Control Panel to change the Outlook components and selected 'stationery' and the 'extended' stationery options - each time I was told that the component had been succesfully installed. When I started Outlook again, it still tells me that 'no themes are installed' and there is no sign of any stationery.

Can anyone tell me how to get the stationery to show itself? I want to be able to add some customised stationery (using HTML pages loaded in the stationery folder) - I have done this on another machine with Outlook installed, but that version has themes and stationeryt showing correctly. I'm not sure what is wrong with the setup on this computer.[/quote]

Since making this post I have been searching for solutions. It seems to have been noted as a problem since Outlook 2007 was released. It appears that stationery and themes don't work unless Outlook 2007 came in the same Office suite as Word. If the two were bought separately (e.g., Home and Student Office plus stand alone Outlook) then Outlook will not pick up or use stationery. Microsoft was supposed to be looking for a solution to this, but it doesn't seem to have happened. It looks like buying Outlook 2007 is an expensive way of getting non-functional software.

Has anyone found a work round on this, or is Microsoft anywhere near a solution?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have Office 2007 Pro installed and can not get it to work. I do NOT use stationary, but was trying to help you.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='285JS237' post='798618' date='17-Oct-2009 17:22']It appears that stationery and themes don't work unless Outlook 2007 came in the same Office suite as Word. If the two were bought separately (e.g., Home and Student Office plus stand alone Outlook) then Outlook will not pick up or use stationery.[/quote]
    That's really strange and illogical.

You might be able to work around this by using "template" files (.oft extension). You would create a new message and format it as you like, and then save it using OfficeButton>SaveAs and change the file type to Outlook template. To generate a new message, you can use File>New>Choose Form, change the drop-down to "User templates in the file system", choose your template, and bang, a new message.

That is not very convenient, but you can speed access to templates using a custom toolbar. See [topic="765773"]Outlook 2007 Message Templates - better methods[/topic].

Unfortunately, the OFT format is not easily editable to address problems like unwanted image repetitions, so this really is not a replacement for a functional theme/stationery feature.

Note: The following article is interesting: Managing custom stationery and themes for Outlook 2007 - Windows Live.

Thanks
    I'm also using Office 2007 Pro. I looked and have stationary even though I don't use it. Is your message format HTML?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)