Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

Western Digital is offering Acronis True Image Home 11.0 build 8311 for absolutely . As far as I can see, there are no gimmicks involved in this offer.

Interested? Go here: Acronis True Image WD Edition Software
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='798619' date='17-Oct-2009 17:42']As far as I can see, there are no gimmicks involved in this offer.[/quote]
    The way it says it can restore to a WD drive numerous times implies, without really saying, that it might not work with other manufacturers' drives. Would be nice to know!!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='798622' date='17-Oct-2009 22:07']The way it says it can restore to a WD drive numerous times implies, without really saying, that it might not work with other manufacturers' drives. Would be nice to know!![/quote]
    Yes, this question has been asked by others in numerous venues. The "unofficial" consensus seems to be that if you have "1" WD drive installed then the software will work. A couple claim it will work without a WD drive installed, e.g., a Seagate, Maxtor or Samsung drives are no problem. Again, so far I haven't been able to find an OFFICIAL and definitive answer. It would seem reasonable that it would be restricted to a WD drive since Western Digital is offering it. IF I wanted/needed to take advantage of this offer, it would be of no consequence to me since all I ever use is WD drives.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, there is a caveat: Acronis True Image WD Edition allows selecting only Western digital HDD as a restore location and for Cloning operation.
    What if your local back-up disks are stolen or damaged (fire, flood, earthquake)
    What are you going to do?
    LOCAL and OFFSITE back-up - the only true way to protect your data.