Lounger
    Thanks
    When I open a new window using a saved Favorite, I almost always want to open the page in a new tab. Since the default is to open in the same tab, I have to right-cllick the favourite then select "Open in new tab". Is there any way of changing the default to "Open in a new tab".

I thought this might be able to be done by altering a File Type definition (Windows Explorer, Tools menu, Folder Options, File Types tab, then select the appropriate file type then click the Advanced button). But, if that's the right approach, what file type would I change?

PS: I searched the Registry for "open in new tab" but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you use the Favorites pane, there will be a little arrow to the right of the favorite you move the mouse pointer over. Clicking the arrow will open the favorite in a new tab.

[attachment=86063:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (7.4 KB, 1 views)

Thanks
    [quote name='JonnyM' post='798732' date='19-Oct-2009 09:30']Any ideas?[/quote]
    Not exactly what you are after, but you should find middle-clicking a Favorite opens it in a new tab (albeit not with focus, but that may be tweakable).

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='798739' date='19-Oct-2009 23:28']Not exactly what you are after, but you should find middle-clicking a Favorite opens it in a new tab (albeit not with focus, but that may be tweakable).[/quote]
    Ah, I didn't realise that the middle button also worked from the Links toolbar. That'll do me.
    PS: The new tab takes the focus for me (using IE8 under XP).

Thanks for your help