New Lounger
    Thanks

Colour fill/dollar format not working (2000)

Hi all,

I'm absolutely at a loss!! For reasons that completely escape me, whenever I select a cell (have only been trying in columns C and D) and press the colour fill button on the toolbar, nothing happens!

And when I try to click on the $ button on the toolbar to make it in the dollar format, it turns it bold instead?

And to make things even worse, if I try to do it manually by going Format, Cells...nothing happens...the popup box doesn't come up.

I've experienced the inability to colour fill before...still have no idea why though...but the dollar format thing is a new one to me!

Is it me? My Excel? Is it happening to you guys when you open the attached? AAAGGHHH!!!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Colour fill/dollar format not working (2000)

Does it only happen in one file? If it happens in more than one workbook - I'd say your Excel installation has "gone bad". Take a look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=xl&Number=71407&page=&view= &sb=&o=&vc=1>this thread </A> for some ideas on repairing Excel.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

no, that's the strange thing...it only happens with this one file. I've seen the fill colour thing not work before, but never the $ format. This file is an exported file from our accounting software in Excel 5.0 format, which I then saved as Excel 2000 workbook, but it still doesn't work. I've since saved it as a CSV and THAT file works properly, but I'm baffled as to why this one won't work as is!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

It happens to me also on XL2K. My best guess is that the workbook is corrupted, which is why saving it as a .CSV eliminates the problem.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

saving the csv back as an Excel 2K workbook fixes everything and it works properly now, but I'm still unsure why it did/does that...oh well, I'll take what I can get and what I can get is it to work, so I'm happy!

Thanks anyway.

Katherine