Thread: From line

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Can anyone please tell me how to set my name in the from line when sending an email so I don't have to do it each time I send one? Thank you so much.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you mean Outlook 2003? There is no Outlook Express 2003.

By default, the sender of a new e-mail message will be determined by the e-mail account you're using.
    If you have different e-mail accounts, there will be an Accounts dropdown in the toolbar of the new message window from which you can select a sender account.
    If you enter a sender address that does not correspond to any of your e-mail accounts, Outlook will display it as an "on behalf of" address. For security reasons, Outlook will not let you fake an e-mail address as sender.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='798865' date='19-Oct-2009 20:15']Do you mean Outlook 2003? There is no Outlook Express 2003.

By default, the sender of a new e-mail message will be determined by the e-mail account you're using.
    If you have different e-mail accounts, there will be an Accounts dropdown in the toolbar of the new message window from which you can select a sender account.
    If you enter a sender address that does not correspond to any of your e-mail accounts, Outlook will display it as an "on behalf of" address. For security reasons, Outlook will not let you fake an e-mail address as sender.[/quote]
    why would mine be kicked out?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='yankeette' post='798882' date='19-Oct-2009 21:51']why would mine be kicked out?[/quote]
    Outlook should always accept any of the e-mail accounts that are listed in Tools | E-mail accounts... > View or change existing e-mail accounts.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What do you have entered in the "User information, Your Name" box within your email account setup?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.