ZI just restored Vista Home Premium (x64) on a HP HDX computer from a Norton Ghost image from a Windows 7 installation in anticipation of the Windows 7 upgrade being released in a week or so.

Image restore seemed to have been o.k. but having, what I think are interrelated problems, i.e., MSIE and Firefox will not open (Safari and Chrome will open, however), and cannot log onto WIndows Live Messenger with 80040154 error message. I just installed SP2 for Vista and this didn't solve anything related to these problems. When I try to open MSIE it says "stopped working", and nothing happens for Firefox, and nothing happens when I try to sign i the Messenger (except my logon is highlighted).

Maybe when I reinstall Windows 7 these problems may be fixed, but not sure and any any fixes before then would be appreciated....

Probably related to the above is a failure to install Windows Live Essential update, error: couldn't set up the installer to install Windows LIve Essential (error: OnCatalogResults: 0X80070057).

And I forgot to add that Firefox attempts to open but get a "connection reset" error...??!!! I'm connecting on the internet with Chrome and Safari and websites, but apparently not with Messenger, MSIE and Firefox....? Don't have a clue as to what the problem might be....