Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello All,
    Need some help on this . A link on "Woodys" home page gives instructions on how to remove this "Plug in" for FireFox . Instructions for x86 based 32 bit OS's give how to delete some registry entries and so on. So far so good. My problem (one of many) is doing the "command prompt thing " I get syntax error, when typing in the code . Question Do you include the " {xxxxx}"quote marks as shown in the command string, or do you leave them out? Regards
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You should include the quotes, but it's easier to delete the subkey using RegEdit.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799031' date='20-Oct-2009 12:39']You should include the quotes, but it's easier to delete the subkey using RegEdit.[/quote]
    HansV,
    Hello and thank's for you help. The "deleting the sub key" is only step one of about four in method #2: I will try again with the quotes and post back with the results. Regards
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799031' date='20-Oct-2009 12:39']You should include the quotes, but it's easier to delete the subkey using RegEdit.[/quote]
    HansV,
    Hello, Well did all that was suggested in the instructions .... but no luck as of yet. The "Net Framework Assistant" is still there with no uninstall option? Guess i will have to be content with just "disable" Regards
    PlainFred

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Disabling it is sufficient to close the security hole.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    See Post 799053 - apparently there is no need to disable or delete this add-in.