4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    IOBit Seurity 360 Pro is currently being offered as a free download. Is this a genuine offer to be accepted at face value or is there a catch? And does the program sit happily with other security programs already installed such as Spyware Doctor, Norton Antivirus, AdAware and Spybot?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philkiwi View Post
    IOBit Seurity 360 Pro is currently being offered as a free download. Is this a genuine offer to be accepted at face value or is there a catch? And does the program sit happily with other security programs already installed such as Spyware Doctor, Norton Antivirus, AdAware and Spybot?
    The proliferation of freeware download, trial download, and other affiliate marketing sites makes it nearly impossible to find an objective review.

The product page (http://www.iobit.com/security360pro.html) quotes "What Forbes says" about their product, but if you search it, it's their own press release ("IOBit Security 360" site:forbes.com - Google Search). Ditto for Reuters. The address in whois for iobit.com is in China, which makes me think the photo in About Us looks a bit suspicious.

This doesn't add up for me, sorry.
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-11-05 at 22:56. Reason: Fixed quotation.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't verify the correctness of this, but it smells fishy: IOBit Steals MalwareBytes' Intellectual Property. I don't think I'd trust IOBit.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    I can't verify the correctness of this, but it smells fishy: IOBit Steals MalwareBytes' Intellectual Property. I don't think I'd trust IOBit.
    All I can say is WOW!!!!

Looks like some very compelling evidence in the MalwareBytes forum post. They caught the IOBit folks red handed.
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Thanks
    I'm no fan of IOBit.

I tried their defragger product. Had some questions, which I posted in their forum. There was some back and forth and then someone whose signature identified themselves as a "VP of IOBit" jumped in. But even he couldn't address the questions that I raised adequately and he basically told me to "take it or leave it". I felt he was a arrogant and bit full of himself.

So I wouldn't use any software from them.

Thanks
    A bit late to the party, but I'll toss in my 2 cents as well - I have a customer whose laptop is slow as anything - it runs Windows Vista with 1gb of memory - she just upgraded to 4gb (only just over 3 are available for use, though) - and she uses this IObit Advanced Systerm Care. I noticed that even after quadrupling her RAM the system took (no kidding) close to 10 minutes to load - I recommended a few Antispyware programs (Malwarebytes being first and foremost among them), but she was adamant that she had no spyware, because CNET recommended IObit - plus it was free - so that couldn't possibly be the problem, since IObit found nothing in its scans. I gave up the argument as being lost at that point; I figured I'd look up IObit to see what the story was on them, so here I am - glad that I started my research here (as usual).

My guess is, in this case, that the program did a little too much Registry cleaning and has hobbled Windows, making the system as slow as an old 386. If she ever listens to reason, I might be able to actually lend her a hand. But I'm also on the anti-IObit bandwagon.
    Have a cookie -

Don

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmoore View Post
    My guess is, in this case, that the program did a little too much Registry cleaning and has hobbled Windows, making the system as slow as an old 386. If she ever listens to reason, I might be able to actually lend her a hand. But I'm also on the anti-IObit bandwagon.
    The 4GB of RAM will not significantly improve the boot speed. It should significantly help operationally after the boot process. To see what is being loaded at boot time you need to use a tool such as Autoruns for Windows or WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup. Both are free and allow you to temporarily or permanently startup items.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    All I can say is WOW!!!!

Looks like some very compelling evidence in the MalwareBytes forum post. They caught the IOBit folks red handed.
    I did get IOBit for 2 computers during this give away a while ago. As soon as I saw the IOBit stealing I uninstalled it. I already have MBAM Pro, not to mention if they can physically steal MBAMs data what else are they going to do? They can use their update link between your computer and their server to view your info?
    My Laptop Specs
    Asus M50SV-A1, Win7 x64 Pro, 1440x900 WXGA screen, 250Gb Seagate Momentus 5400.4RPM HD with 8Mb Cache, Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz Processor with 6Mb L2 cache, 3Gbs of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS 512Mb GPU, Logitech G5, Saitek X52/ST290 Logitech Precision Gaming Headset

Looking for firewall, antivirus, or antispyware suggestions. Do some research: Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall Research Thread