5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do you remove the little triangular indicators in the top left hand corner in cells? For that matter - any extras in cells?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='LindaR' post='799325' date='22-Oct-2009 11:54']How do you remove the little triangular indicators in the top left hand corner in cells? For that matter - any extras in cells?[/quote]

Hi, just to be clear, you are asking about the top LEFT hand corner of the cell?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmacleod' post='799327' date='22-Oct-2009 11:07']Hi, just to be clear, you are asking about the top LEFT hand corner of the cell?[/quote]

Yes. That is what I see now - but I don't want anything in the cells except numbers or text.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I edited the subject of your post to mention Excel instead of Access.

Excel displays a green triangle in the upper left corner of a cell if that cell contains an error or inconsistent value/formula. To hide these triangles:
    - Click the Office button.
    - Click Excel Options.
    - Click Formulas in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
    - Clear the "Enable background error checking" check box under Error Checking.

By default, comments are indicated by a red triangle in the upper right corner of a cell. If you don't display these, you won't have an idea which cells contain comments. But if you prefer to hide them:
    - Click Excel Options.
    - Click Advanced in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
    - Select "No comments or indicators" under "For cells with comments, show" in the Display section.

A purple triangle in the lower right corner of a cell indicates a Smart Tag. To hide them:
    - Click Excel Options.
    - Click Proofing in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
    - Click AutoCorrect Options...
    - Activate the Smart Tags tab.
    - Select None from the "Show smart tags as" dropdown.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799330' date='22-Oct-2009 11:15']I edited the subject of your post to mention Excel instead of Access.

Excel displays a green triangle in the upper left corner of a cell if that cell contains an error or inconsistent value/formula. To hide these triangles:
    - Click Excel Options.
    - Click Formulas in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
    - Clear the "Enable background error checking" check box under Error Checking.

By default, comments are indicated by a red triangle in the upper right corner of a cell. If you don't display these, you won't have an idea which cells contain comments. But if you prefer to hide them:
    - Click Excel Options.
    - Click Advanced in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
    - Select "No comments or indicators" under "For cells with comments, show" in the Display section.

A purple triangle in the lower right corner of a cell indicates a Smart Tag. To hide them:
    - Click Excel Options.
    - Click Proofing in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
    - Click AutoCorrect Options...
    - Activate the Smart Tags tab.
    - Select None from the "Show smart tags as" dropdown.[/quote]

Thanks Hans - I think I am still sleeping. I am going to go to the cafeteria and get some coffee.