2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm having some endless issue trying to get the dlookup to insert the value from a "date/time-short date" data type field into a new control. I have different calculations I cant change the data type to text. I tried to change it and "errors" kept coming up in the form's fields

First code attempt,

Me.cobPayEndDate = DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = " & Chr (34) & Me.cobPayStartDate & Chr (34))

Second code attempt,

Me.cobPayEndDate = DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = " & Forms!frmCostPointExport!cobPayStartDate)

Any help is welcome!

Thanks
    [quote name='Lastcall' post='799391' date='22-Oct-2009 18:13']Hi, I'm having some endless issue trying to get the dlookup to insert the value from a "date/time-short date" data type field into a new control. I have different calculations I cant change the data type to text. I tried to change it and "errors" kept coming up in the form's fields

First code attempt,

Me.cobPayEndDate = DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = " & Chr (34) & Me.cobPayStartDate & Chr (34))

Second code attempt,

Me.cobPayEndDate = DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = " & Forms!frmCostPointExport!cobPayStartDate)

Any help is welcome![/quote]

You could try

Me.cobPayEndDate = DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = #" & format(Me.cobPayStartDate,"mm/dd/yy") & "#")

You might also like to add the Line below before the Assignment to see what it is trying to insert
    Delete it once it functions OK

MsgBox DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = #" & format(Me.cobPayStartDate,"mm/dd/yy") & "#")
    Andrew

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AndrewKKWalker' post='799403' date='22-Oct-2009 20:06']You could try

Me.cobPayEndDate = DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = #" & format(Me.cobPayStartDate,"mm/dd/yy") & "#")

You might also like to add the Line below before the Assignment to see what it is trying to insert
    Delete it once it functions OK

MsgBox DLookup("[PayEndDate]", "tblDataPayPeriod", "[PayStartDate] = #" & format(Me.cobPayStartDate,"mm/dd/yy") & "#")[/quote]

Thank you so much! Andrew that really solved my problems..whoo hooo!