4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an array formula that I tried to use in a workbook with lots of sheets and all I get is a #NUM! result. If I copy and paste to a new workbook (Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V), the array formulas work. If I move a copy (edit/move/create copy), the array formulas don't work.

My obvious workaround is to copy to a new workbook, but I'd really like to understand why it works in one instance and not in another. The workbook with the cut/paste is "826 that works.xls" and the workbook with move/copy is "826 that doesn't work.xls".

Additional information. The original, multi-sheet workbook was created in Excel 2007 in compatibility mode and does contain unrelated pivot tables. However, if opened in Excel 2003, the different workbooks show the same response.

My guess is that it's another PEBKAC error..........

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If I open the workbook that doesn't work in Excel 2002, select Tools | Options... and activate the Transition tab, the "Transition formula evaluation" check box is ticked. When I clear this check box, the errors disappear.
    In the workbook that works, the check box is already clear.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799431' date='22-Oct-2009 22:10']If I open the workbook that doesn't work in Excel 2002, select Tools | Options... and activate the Transition tab, the "Transition formula evaluation" check box is ticked. When I clear this check box, the errors disappear.
    In the workbook that works, the check box is already clear.[/quote]

I've seen transition formula tick also effect string concatenation as well.
    Andrew

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Unless you have really old Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets there is no reason to use any of the transition options.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799450' date='23-Oct-2009 00:58']Unless you have really old Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets there is no reason to use any of the transition options.[/quote]

Very True, but it is amazing what people click on accidentally.
    Andrew

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gentlemen:

Thanks for the continuing education......