New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I'm using OL 2003 SP3 under Windows XP. The PST file is 590 MB. I recently started seeing "unknown error 80040119" when sending and receiving. The error is intermittent, but very frequent -- it occurs at least 80% of the time that Outlook is opened.

Here's what I've tried:
    1. repeatedly ran SCANPST.EXE until it reported no errors. This had no effect
    2. created a new PST file, copied the messages from the original PST to the new PST, closed Outlook, renamed the original PST to OUTLOOK.PST.BAD, renamed the new PST to OUTLOOK.PST, opened Outlook. Surprisingly, this had no effect.
    3. Deleted/recreated the default account that's triggering the error. This had no effect.
    Any suggestion as to what else I can try?

TIA and regards, AndyA

Thanks
    [quote name='AndyA' post='799564' date='23-Oct-2009 09:52']I'm using OL 2003 SP3 under Windows XP. The PST file is 590 MB. I recently started seeing "unknown error 80040119" when sending and receiving. The error is intermittent, but very frequent -- it occurs at least 80% of the time that Outlook is opened.[/quote]
    What kind of mail account is it? When searching this error on Google, I see various references to configuration issues working with Exchange Server. However, I would then expect other users in your environment to be encountering the same problem...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000' post='799606 View Post
    ... I see various references to configuration issues working with Exchange Server. However, I would then expect other users in your environment to be encountering the same problem...
    Exchange is not being used.

regards, AndyA