Thread: LapLink

Thanks
    Well, perhaps I spoke too soon about Laplink. So far, I have had to re-install everysingle program with the exception of Office 2007, MapPoint,and Quicken. Although it was only $15.00, and at least it got those two right. So maybe I shouldn't come down too hard, as those were the biggies.
    Here is another tantalizing tidbit of trivia to titilate your tastebuds.
    I updated the drivers for my HP printer, and it automatically installed the Yahoo/HP tool bar, with no opt out. Keep in mind that this installation was from a web download and not from a CD. But how dissapointing from HP.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    [quote name='t8ntlikly' post='799661' date='24-Oct-2009 14:55']Well, perhaps I spoke too soon about Laplink. So far, I have had to re-install everysingle program with the exception of Office 2007, MapPoint,and Quicken. Although it was only $15.00, and at least it got those two right.[/quote]
    Spoke too soon? Where?

At least it - Laplink? - got which two right?

And what were you trying to do in the first place?

Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='799665' date='24-Oct-2009 08:02']Spoke too soon? Where?

At least it - Laplink? - got which two right?

And what were you trying to do in the first place?[/quote]

In a previous post I mentioned that I had used it in going from XP to Win 7 and that it did indeed to its job, and it did, Just not as thorough as I thought it would. All of the Microsoft programs worked, Office, and MapPoint, as well as Quicken. Every other applications I had to reinstall to get them to work correctly.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you get a new version that was designed to work with Windows 7?

Most of these type of programs needed to be updated to match the NEW file structure, and yes, Windows 7 does have a new file structure to some degree.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' date='24-Oct-2009 11:45' post='799702']
    Did you get a new version that was designed to work with Windows 7?

Most of these type of programs needed to be updated to match the NEW file structure, and yes, Windows 7 does have a new file structure to some degree.

Other than my NeatReceipts program I just had to delete them and reinstall. NeatReceiptson the other hand even changed file formats and I had to FTP the backup files to them for conversion. Made no sense to me as to why they did that. Oh yea and the lady told me (and this was yesterday) that Windows 7 wasnt even available yet!. Sheesh!. I FTP'd my files to them and got them back and am back up and running. Oh yea! and I forgot to deactivate my Adobe Acrobat 7 too. That was fun, but Adobe was cool about it.
    Thanks John