New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Remote mail (Outlook 2000 SR1)

I use the same laptop both at work connected top our WAN and at home connecting thru a cable modem.

I can do a send receive at home and I receive duplicates of all the mail that has not been previously downloaded at home reguardless of weither I read it at work or not.

Also I can not send mail from home it simply sits in my outbox until I connect again at work

any ideas why I can't send from home and why I must receive all my e-mails again?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Remote mail (Outlook 2000 SR1)

are you connecting ot an exchange server? are you using a roaming profile at work?

outlook stores the downloaded message data in *.rhs files on your drive - if you use a different profile, it won't see those files and gets all your mail again.

are you getting any kind of errors from home when sending? the biggest issue is often relaying, which is prohibited by many corporate servers.

also, outlook sends mail on the transport it arrived on and if you use a different profile to respond to your mail from home, it waits till you get to work to send on the correct transport.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Remote mail (Outlook 2000 SR1)

Yes I am connected to an exchange server
    I do not think I am using a roaming profile (how do I check)

I am not getting any errors when I try to send it just does not go.

Ho do I know if I am using a different profile? I am not selecting one.