New Lounger
    Thanks
    If I open a CD or a DVD in Win 7 Explorer to read the contents, all is well. If I then remove the CD or DVD while still viewing the contents, Windows Explorer closes immediately. What's up with that?

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='micromac' post='799973' date='26-Oct-2009 11:52']If I open a CD or a DVD in Win 7 Explorer to read the contents, all is well. If I then remove the CD or DVD while still viewing the contents, Windows Explorer closes immediately. What's up with that?[/quote]

Welcome to the Lounge!

Windows get a notification that the the CD/DVD is not longer available therefore the Windows Explorer view you have is no longer valid. What do you expect to happen?

Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Just FYI: in Windows XP, the Explorer doesn't close if you remove an external disk while viewing it. Instead it activates the next available item in the treeview.

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799976' date='26-Oct-2009 12:07']Just FYI: in Windows XP, the Explorer doesn't close if you remove an external disk while viewing it. Instead it activates the next available item in the treeview.[/quote]

My Win7 Ultimate PC at work acts the same as the OP. So, I guess there may have been an "enhancement" or "undocumented feature" discovered.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799976' date='26-Oct-2009 13:07']Just FYI: in Windows XP, the Explorer doesn't close if you remove an external disk while viewing it. Instead it activates the next available item in the treeview.[/quote]

This is exactly what I would expect. I search through a bunch of data DVDs, and am not expecting it to close as I swap them.