2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all! I am trying to create kind like a validation vba code for a datasheet form. I have a date field which I want to confirm its value within a already established date range before updating or adding the data. I have two date fields with the startdate and enddate info where the comparison or validation needs to happen..

This is what im working on so far..

Private Sub ActualStartDate_BeforeUpdate(NewData As String, Cancel As Integer)

If NewData <> Between Me.CycleStartDate And Me.CycleEndDate Then
    msgBox "Please enter a date within the prescribe range"
    Me.ActualStartDate.Setfocus
    End If

I notice "Between..And" operator doesnt work on vba unless being used by the HAVING clause in a SELECT statement. what other command can i use to perform the above task in vba code or as an expression. Any help is super welcome!!!

Thanks
    [quote name='Lastcall' post='799985' date='26-Oct-2009 19:08']Hi all! I am trying to create kind like a validation vba code for a datasheet form. I have a date field which I want to confirm its value within a already established date range before updating or adding the data. I have two date fields with the startdate and enddate info where the comparison or validation needs to happen..

This is what im working on so far..

Private Sub ActualStartDate_BeforeUpdate(NewData As String, Cancel As Integer)

If NewData <> Between Me.CycleStartDate And Me.CycleEndDate Then
    msgBox "Please enter a date within the prescribe range"
    Me.ActualStartDate.Setfocus
    End If

I notice "Between..And" operator doesnt work on vba unless being used by the HAVING clause in a SELECT statement. what other command can i use to perform the above task in vba code or as an expression. Any help is super welcome!!![/quote]

Not (NewData >= Me.CycleStartDate And NewData <= Me.CycleEndDate)

Ought to do iy
    Andrew

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AndrewKKWalker' post='799987' date='26-Oct-2009 20:14']Not (NewData >= Me.CycleStartDate And NewData <= Me.CycleEndDate)

Ought to do iy[/quote]

Thanks Andrew for your help. I tried your recommendation; is not evaluating the ActualStartdate only withing the cycle start and end date range..so it keeps executing the msgbox and saving the changes. here it is:

Private Sub ActualStartDate_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

If Not (Me.ActualStartDate >= Me.CycleStartDate And Me.ActualStartDate <= Me.CycleEndDate) Then
    Undo
    MsgBox "Please enter date within range"
    End If

End Sub

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Instead of using Undo, tell Access to cancel the update:

Cancel = True

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='799996' date='26-Oct-2009 20:42']Instead of using Undo, tell Access to cancel the update:

Cancel = True[/quote]

Sorry Guys..:-( THere is this Prompt that comes up "Property not found" and i noticed it relates to changing the view of the form from continuous to datasheet. The prompt just need to be click "ok" and everything still good. How can I supress this prompt? I tried using DoCmd.SetWarnings False but it doesnt do the trick. any suggestions.

Thanks
    [quote name='Lastcall' post='800158' date='27-Oct-2009 18:14']Thank you guys!! it works like a champ...:-) Whoo hooo!!

Sorry Guys..:-( THere is this Prompt that comes up "Property not found" and i noticed it relates to changing the view of the form from continuous to datasheet. The prompt just need to be click "ok" and everything still good. How can I supress this prompt? I tried using DoCmd.SetWarnings False but it doesnt do the trick. any suggestions.[/quote]

I think it might be the syntax Me.Field etc

Try changing it to Me!Field

e.g.

Code:
    If Not (Me!ActualStartDate >= Me!CycleStartDate And Me!ActualStartDate <= Me!CycleEndDate) Then
    	  MsgBox "Please enter date within range Or Press ESC to Clear"
    	  Cancel=True
    End If
    Andrew

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AndrewKKWalker' post='800173' date='27-Oct-2009 20:25']I think it might be the syntax Me.Field etc

Try changing it to Me!Field

e.g.

Code:
    If Not (Me!ActualStartDate >= Me!CycleStartDate And Me!ActualStartDate <= Me!CycleEndDate) Then
    	  MsgBox "Please enter date within range Or Press ESC to Clear"
    	  Cancel=True
    End If
    [/quote]

Andrew I changed the syntax as you recommended but the "property not found" message still pops up.

Thanks
    [quote name='Lastcall' post='800190' date='27-Oct-2009 20:57']Andrew I changed the syntax as you recommended but the "property not found" message still pops up.[/quote]

I cannot create the error.

Could be a missing library file.
    Look in tools references for anything ticked with missing against it.

If not would need a sanitized copy of database to look at.
    Doesn't need any real data in it.
    Andrew

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AndrewKKWalker' post='800192' date='27-Oct-2009 22:02']I cannot create the error.

Could be a missing library file.
    Look in tools references for anything ticked with missing against it.

If not would need a sanitized copy of database to look at.
    Doesn't need any real data in it.[/quote]

Andrew, thanks again...Im working on the copy of the database. I checked the library and no missing items.