Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    See Command Line Utility for Microsoft Security Essentials | The Windows Club. Good information if you need/want to run MS Security Essentials from the command line.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='800098' date='27-Oct-2009 13:29'][/quote]
    I suspect this is suitable only for those who have completely mastered DSQUERY and DSGET...!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='BATcher' post='800145' date='27-Oct-2009 11:56']I suspect this is suitable only for those who have completely mastered DSQUERY and DSGET...![/quote]

Why would that be? It looks pretty simple to me.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='800170' date='27-Oct-2009 19:13']Why would that be? It looks pretty simple to me.[/quote]
    Sorry - overreaction against the former because of frustration with the latter...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    See Command Line Utility for Microsoft Security Essentials | The Windows Club. Good information if you need/want to run MS Security Essentials from the command line.

Joe
    Joe,
    Just as a matter of information to the thread regarding MSE clashing with System Mechanic. ( lost track of the thread with the Lounge software change )
    After much discussion with MS techs and SM techs, the "workaround" for now at least, was to put all of the SM .exe files in the MSE exclusion list.
    That does seem to give the ability to have both of these programs work without causing problems or extreme slowdowns. MS does admit that there is some softening of security with them set like this but for now at least, thats the "fix".
    I suppose this has been put on MS and SM "to do" list. Possible on the next version release?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!