2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi gang,
    I was wondering if there was a way to see paragraph styles that are applied to a table in Normal view.
    Right now, in normal view on the left side of my screen, I can see all the styles applied above and after my table, but nothing when I get to the table part of my doc.
    Anything possible?
    Tks.
    Johanne Champagne
    Montreal (Quebec) CANADA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, the Style Area doesn't work for tables - it would be difficult because a table can contain several columns. You'll have to click in a table cell and look at the Formatting toolbar or the Styles and Formatting task pane.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tks Hans. I thought it was not possible but I wanted to make sure.
    jc
    Johanne Champagne
    Montreal (Quebec) CANADA

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='800132' date='28-Oct-2009 02:15']Unfortunately, the Style Area doesn't work for tables - it would be difficult because a table can contain several columns. You'll have to click in a table cell and look at the Formatting toolbar or the Styles and Formatting task pane.[/quote]
    Note that for Word 2003+ text in tables will have both a paragraph and table style applied. If the paragraph style is Normal then the style name you see in the styles dropdown in the toolbar will be the TABLE stylename, not the paragraph stylename. This is not the case if a different paragraph style is applied to the text.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia