4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I clean installed Win7 and the install went smoothly. Once it was completed I let it update only the important updates. Later when I came back to check on it, the updates were done and the computer was frozen. I finally had to power it down. When I restarted it Windows wouldn't boot. It gets as far as "Starting Windows" and stops. I tried Safe Mode and it loaded a bunch of files and then just stopped. I tried the option about repairing Startup and it still just got to the Starting Windows with the pulsating logo. Finally I tried rebooting with the Win7 CD in and it gets to the same spot and stops. I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

TIA
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What was your previous operating system, and did you do a backup or a disk image before you did the clean install? And what version did you install - 32-bit or 64-bit, and Premium, Ultimate or???
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='WendellB' post='800393' date='28-Oct-2009 16:48']What was your previous operating system, and did you do a backup or a disk image before you did the clean install? And what version did you install - 32-bit or 64-bit, and Premium, Ultimate or???[/quote]
    The last was Vista Home Premium 32-bit and I installed 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I backed up all my data but did not do a disk image (I have to learn how to do that).
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sorry, I was out of touch for a day or so, and then the Lounge has been down for an upgrade. Have you resolved your issue yet? It seems there are a fair number of issues with drivers for various graphics cards, and that may be an issue in your case. Can you describe the hardware in your PC please?
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, after I had tried every trick I knew to get it going, I took it to Best Buy since it was still under warranty. Turns out it was the HD. They replaced it and it should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Thanks for your help.