New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a user who wants to organize her Inbox so that when she forwards an email to John Doe, the email in her Inbox changes to the color Aqua. I have played around with the Organizing by Color options but have not been able to figure this one out. Any ideas? Using Outlook 2003.

Thanks!

Thanks
    How about this. (I don't use this feature so I am experimenting and speculating.)

First go to the Sent folder.

Then go to View - Arrange by - Current view - Customize current view - Automatic formatting.

Click the Add button to add a new rule and name it appropriately.

Click the Condition button, then the Advanced tab.

Define your first criterion by clicking the Field button and choose Subject from the list of frequently used fields. Then set the Condition to "contains" and the value to FW, and click the Add to list button. (So at this point we are selecting all messages that are forwarded.)

Define another criterion, by clicking the Field button again, and this time set the Field to To, the condition to contains, again, and the value to John Doe. Add to list.

I guess you would also want to ensure that your user's name is in the from field, by setting another criterion.

Then click OK and go for the Font button to change the colour to Aqua.

It seems to work for me!

Ian

Edited to add: I wonder whether what I have tried actually does what you want. If you want to make the item in her Inbox change colour where she has forwarded it to a particular recipient, I suppose it wouldn't. But I hope I have *been some help!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    That would work for her Sent Items. But she wants to see the colour change in the Inbox. I don't think it's possible. There doesn't seem to be a condition for forwarding. I was hoping I was wrong and someone knew a work around.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShayMM View Post
    That would work for her Sent Items. But she wants to see the colour change in the Inbox. I don't think it's possible. There doesn't seem to be a condition for forwarding. I was hoping I was wrong and someone knew a work around.
    Sorry not to have been able to help. I wonder if you can do anything with VBA? If so it's outside what I know about, I'm afraid.

Ian