Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merged webs (4.0.2.4426)

I wanted to publish one web within the other, and was advised to merge them. Now my original web has been combined with the new one and is a total mess!
    This is a development server copy that I change and then publish to production, so if I publish my production copy of the original web back to the development server and check "publish all pages," will it also eliminate the EXTRA pages now in there from the merged web? Or, will I have to go through and weed out all the extra stuff once the production is published back to development?
    I'd greatly appreciate any help before I go begging for backups.
    Thanks much,
    Dave R.

Thanks

Re: Merged webs (4.0.2.4426)

Your logic seems sound - it is the direction of publication that counts as far as I know.

keep us up-to-date on this one.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merged webs (4.0.2.4426)

Well, since I had a valid copy in production (which had also been backed up the night before), I changed my tactic and just deleted all the folders and files from my development copy until I was left with an empty web, then published my production copy into it with "publish all pages" on. Not my ideal scenerio.......

As for merging, I made a subweb for the one I was trying to integrate and then published that. I had to manually fix all the external links from the old location to the new, but it was less painful than waiting for a restore.

So I guess the solution was that I did it the dirty way. [img]/forums/images/smilies/ohmy.gif[/img])

Dave