Thanks
    In the overall scope of things I am pretty dang happy with Windows 7 and am glad I made the jump.
    HOWEVER! these new sounds are going to drive me up the wall. No dont get me wrong, I like country music, but this twangy sound is a bit too much. Everytime I here tada, It makes me think of the movie Deliverance. How can I switch some these out for the old files. I found the older ones, but cant seem to make them stick.

Windows 7 Ultimate

PS: Nice Changes to the lounge!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Must be that you are down South, becaues up North here, we do not get any Twangy" sounds.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    LOL Dave, Im just down the road a piece from you! Less than an axle greasin as my ole pappy used to say.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Right-click on the Desktop, go to the bottom of the screen that appears and select Personalize, and from that pick Sounds. (This is just a shortcut to a more roundabout way in Control Panel.) Click on the Sound Scheme down arrow and you may be pleasantly surprised by the number of pre-fab 'Sound Schemes' there are to choose from, in addition to which you can concoct your own.

I have a really fine desktop slideshow scheme (Lugares Coloridos) that I am virtually certain I got from the link in a post of Joe's fairly recently, but I can't find the post and I may have trouble tracing the source. Anyway, my thanks to Joe for the link, I think.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hot off the press is more information that may interest you: I suggest that you check this link: Sounds