Thanks
    http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/wwwthreads.pl?Cat=

gives

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@wopr.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Apache/2.2.9 (Fedora) Server at www.wopr.com Port 80
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    The developers are aware of the problem with the old pre-IP.Board style links no longer working. It is on their list of things to do to make sure that URLs in this format redirect appropriately.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    The developers are aware of the problem with the old pre-IP.Board style links no longer working. It is on their list of things to do to make sure that URLs in this format redirect appropriately.
    I would never have known the Lounge was back in business until someone told me, since I presumed the old link would get me there, as usual. Wonder how many people will never return?
    BATcher

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I agree in some part with you BATcher and as mentioned they are aware of the problem, it started shortly before the change of the software.

However, if you have an address such as "www.domain.com/start.html" and it suddenly doesn't work, I think normal MO would be to remove the part after the top domain; "www.domain.com", and try again. At least that is how I work with "old" addresses that I have.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Well, I agree in some part with you BATcher and as mentioned they are aware of the problem, it started shortly before the change of the software.

However, if you have an address such as "www.domain.com/start.html" and it suddenly doesn't work, I think normal MO would be to remove the part after the top domain; "www.domain.com", and try again. At least that is how I work with "old" addresses that I have.
    Agreed - but when you already seen the notices that "The Lounge is being converted"/"The Lounge is about half way through conversion" "Come Back tomorrow" all on a blurred background of the Lounge, on the original link which you'd used for a year or so, you rather expect that the new Lounge will suddenly reappear at the same URL!

Prewarning that the old link would stop working after the conversion would have been a Pretty Neat Idea!

(Just for someone to bear in mind when the next conversion is scheduled... )
    BATcher

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe a swift email to all members from admin, to announce the reopening of the new lounge would be a good idea? I must say that I was surprised not to have received one.

Despite the obvious teething problems, I must say that the new look is very pleasant, so Thanks to all involved!!

and..... Welcome back Lex

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi guys..
    My old link wouldn't work either, but when I changed it to www.wopr.com it brought me to the forum...