Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way of reducing the number of emails sent from a followed thread? At present it means my inbox is inundated with emails and I get one every time someone answers it. Can we just have one email from the thread as it will start to overload my inbox as the Lounge gets busy.
    Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jezza View Post
    Can we just have one email from the thread as it will start to overload my inbox as the Lounge gets busy.
    By one email, do you mean one email for each direct reply to your post? I don't think IPB works like that - you are either subscribed or not subscribed to the thread. I suspect you either have to either set up your "Follow every thread I reply to" setting to OFF and manually turn it on with the Follow Thread button, or have the setting ticked, and once you've had enough of the thread click on the
    [attachment=86290:y.gif]
    button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif y.gif (2.5 KB, 5 views)

Thanks
    That's a Clunker!
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    By one email, do you mean one email for each direct reply to your post? I don't think IPB works like that - you are either subscribed or not subscribed to the thread. I suspect you either have to either set up your "Follow every thread I reply to" setting to OFF and manually turn it on with the Follow Thread button, or have the setting ticked, and once you've had enough of the thread click on the
    [attachment=86290:y.gif]
    button.
    Thanks Leif

Hhhmmmmm not brilliant as I would like to know if someone has replied on the forum so would rather have that ticked. For example I got an email for this thread and one from Bob, can you imagine if I was in an excel or Scuttlebutt thread that can rattle on, it could mean 10 emails in my box before I realise as I am not glued to my email

Whilst you have shown an excellent work around it does seem, in Bob's words, a clunker maybe Brian can put this ona snag list
    Jerry