Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officetab 1.22

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    OfficeTab 1.22

Honestly, who hasn't yearned for Microsoft to include Tabs in their Office programs? Aren't you irritated by having a new window for each and every document or spreadsheet you open? Well, now a tabbed interface is possible with this little FREEWARE add-on named: OfficeTab. It is a no-brainer to install and configure. You can also access the options easily in the context menu that opens by right-clicking any tab.

The website language is nearly all Chinese but the downloadable program's language is English.

Compatibility is as follows according to the website information:
    • Installs the complete edition Microsoft Office (to have possibility not to support certain fine abridged version Office)
    • ExcelTab support: Excel XP, Excel2003, Excel2007 and Excel2010
    • WordTab support: Word2003, Word2007 and Word2010
    • PPtTab support: PPt2000, PPt XP, PPt2003 and PPt2007

Need more info or want to download?

Home page: http://hi.baidu.com/officecm

Direct download: http://files.cnblogs...ceTab_v1.22.zip (1.05 megs)
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Google toolbar offered to translate the site and did quite a decent job of translating the website's pages into English.
    Dianne

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks fior posting this. I installed it without problems. Many settings, very useful!

Regards,
    Teunis

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi -

I've installed this twice and can't get it to work. I have WindowsXP, Word 2002. Is that my problem?

Thank you.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teunis View Post
    Thanks fior posting this. I installed it without problems. Many settings, very useful!

Regards,
    Teunis
    Thank you for the feedback. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
    Dianne

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mipendance View Post
    Hi -

I've installed this twice and can't get it to work. I have WindowsXP, Word 2002. Is that my problem?

Thank you.
    I went to Google's translated page and found this: "WordTab support: Word2003, Word2007 and Word2010."

Is there another program out there that WILL work with Word 2002?

Thank you.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know why it would not install on your system. I have Vista HP32 SP2 and Office 2007 SP2. Try installing OfficeTab_v1.22_090913.exe in "Run as Administrator" mode by clicking it with the right mouse button.

Hope this helps, regards,

Teunis

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mipendance View Post
    I went to Google's translated page and found this: "WordTab support: Word2003, Word2007 and Word2010."

Is there another program out there that WILL work with Word 2002?
    Years ago I came across a Word enhancement add-on which I loved. But it wouldn't work in Office 2007 apps so when I upgraded to 2007 I couldn't use it. The add-on is still available, however. It is LOADED with features including the tabbed interface. You can pick and choose which items you want to appear in the sidebar for quick access as well.

Now, if I remember correctly, ALL... and there are many, the features are included when you first install it. You can use the product for 30 days and after that the "Pro" features will disappear but you can continue to use it. This was by design of the author. Thus, after 30 days the add-on reverts to the Free version layout. However, it isn't as if the Free version is spartan. To the contrary, the included features are plentiful and should be more than you could have dreamed of.

You can get it here, among lots of other locations on the NET: WordToys 2.5.

Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much. Am going to the site right now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    OfficeTab 1.22

Honestly, who hasn't yearned for Microsoft to include Tabs in their Office programs? Aren't you irritated by having a new window for each and every document or spreadsheet you open? Well, now a tabbed interface is possible with this little FREEWARE add-on named: OfficeTab. It is a no-brainer to install and configure. You can also access the options easily in the context menu that opens by right-clicking any tab.

The website language is nearly all Chinese but the downloadable program's language is English.

Need more info or want to download?

Home page: http://hi.baidu.com/officecm

Direct download: http://files.cnblogs...ceTab_v1.22.zip (1.05 megs)
    Like some other addons, it seems to have the effect whenever Word is closed of triggering a warning that changes have been made to the global template and asking whether you want to save them.*

Ian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    Like some other addons, it seems to have the effect whenever Word is closed of triggering a warning that changes have been made to the global template and asking whether you want to save them.
    Ian,

I don't see that problem on my system (Vista SP-2 and Office 2007 SP-2) when closing Word, either first closing all documents or simply closing Word with several documents open. It seems there are some 'bugs' which some are experiencing which is typical. Sorry you are one of them. I check the original website occasionally to see if there are updates which address some of these problems.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Ian,

I don't see that problem on my system (Vista SP-2 and Office 2007 SP-2) when closing Word, either first closing all documents or simply closing Word with several documents open. It seems there are some 'bugs' which some are experiencing which is typical. Sorry you are one of them. I check the original website occasionally to see if there are updates which address some of these problems.
    Maybe you don't have the option set to prompt to save changes to the Normal template?

Ian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    Maybe you don't have the option set to prompt to save changes to the Normal template?
    That's a possibility but I wouldn't know where to look to check. Looking through the "Options" (Word 2007) I can't find that option. I rarely mess with Options/Preferences and use most things with the default setting. I've learned from past mistakes of "tweaking" things only to forget what I tweaked. So, when a problem arises it makes things difficult to troubleshoot.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's a good idea to let Word prompt you to allow it to save Normal.dot(m) - it can help pinpoint problems.
    To set this:
    Click the Office button.
    Click Word Options.
    Click Advanced in the left-hand pane.
    Scroll down to the Save section.
    Tick the check box "Prompt before saving Normal template".
    Click OK.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    It's a good idea to let Word prompt you to allow it to save Normal.dot(m) - it can help pinpoint problems.
    To set this:
    Click the Office button.
    Click Word Options.
    Click Advanced in the left-hand pane.
    Scroll down to the Save section.
    Tick the check box "Prompt before saving Normal template".
    Click OK.
    This new forum software has a lot to be desired. For example, I have no idea who Hans was responding to. So, assuming that you were replying to me, Hans, following your clear destructions on how to find that option re: changing normal .dot (template), I see that mine is unchecked, which must be the default. Again, I have had absolutely no problems nor anomalies using Officetab 1.22 with Word 2007. Obviously, those who don't have an identical setup in Word, i.e., the same options enabled/disabled, etc., might have different results. But, thanks for pointing out where that option is located... nice to learn something new despite the fact that I will most likely never use it.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast