3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Anybody, please help. I reinstalled MS Money a month ago, thinking it would be handy only to find out it's been discontinued. When I tried to uninstall, the program asked me to insert the disk which seemed to keep it installed. I went hunting for the files (knowing it had to be ultimately deleted from the registry). I've tried to uninstall again, and now, not only has it installed a shortcut, every SINGLE time I change an internet page, I get a warning message that a file can't be found, etc etc - please see my attachment. I have Vista. I suppose Vista and MS Money 2002 are mutual arch-enemies! Please help!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naomi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you use System Restore to go back to the state you were in before installing Money?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Has your problem been solved yet?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's not perfect but, there is a trick I learned when uninstalling older versions of McAffee (SP?) and Norton. Reboot the computer into safemode (the best method I know of for rebooting into safe to remove the powersource part way through the boot), once in safemode manually delete the folder it's installed in (sometimes it's locked so you may need to find an unlocking tool). Once the folders been deleted use a tool like CCleaner to delete the entry (the manager built into windows checks some some of registry key). You then use a tool (again I use CCleaner for this) to erase the now bad registry keys. Finally delete the shortcuts from the start menu and desktop.

Congratulations you have now manually uninstalled the program the way pretty much the same way the uninstaller should have.
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]