2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently installed Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 (from the DVD) on a Windows Vista 64 system. I had been using and wish to continue to use Mozilla Firefox (32-bit) as my default browser and Eudora (also a 32-bit program) as my e-mail program. Each time I open one of them, Windows informs me that this is not my default program. Then when I select that I want it to be, Windows informs me that it can not update the system registry. I think that the problem is coming from Office. This problem did not occur before I installed Office from the DVD -- even though the computer already had a trial version of Office installed. How so I get past this annoying intrusion on my preferences? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you logged in as an administrator when you try to make this change?

Have you tried changing the default programs for email and Internet from the "default programs" menu item on the start menu?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsallen View Post
    ....on a Windows Vista 64 system.... to use Mozilla Firefox (32-bit) as my default browser and Eudora (also a 32-bit program) as my e-mail program... Windows informs me that this is not my default program. Then when I select that I want it to be, Windows informs me that it can not update the system registry...
    For Mozilla Firefox, exit from the program, rightClick on the file in Explorer and choose Run as Administrator. This *should* also work for Eudora. (It certainly works for Mozilla Thunderbird.) HTH
    Gre