Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't get the rich text editor to work in Opera 10.10 beta, not even when I masquerade as Internet Explorer. Now I feel left out :sad:
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  2. #2
    Bronze Lounger IanWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,523
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It seems to work for me in Opera 10.01. In that Opera 10.01 for instance appeared bold back there when emboldened it rather than just inserting tags in the editor window.

    Ian


  3. #3
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    It seems to work for me in Opera 10.01. In that Opera 10.01 for instance appeared bold back there when emboldened it rather than just inserting tags in the editor window.

    Ian
    OK, I've downloaded and installed 10.01 (in a separate folder) and NOW I'm seeing the rich text editor** . Odd. I'll poke about with my "real" installation till I fix it. In the meantime - this thread can be put on the back burner.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  4. #4
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonWallace View Post
    OK, I've downloaded and installed 10.01 (in a separate folder) and NOW I'm seeing the rich text editor** . Odd. I'll poke about with my "real" installation till I fix it. In the meantime - this thread can be put on the back burner.
    In case anyone's interested, I think I've pinned it down to Urlfilter.ini (a file in my profile which deals with content-blocking). A line in it read
    Code:
    "http://*google*"
    *
    which would appear to block sites that match that pattern (except it didn't...) but for some reason blocked the rich text editor.*

    a bit of a puzzle.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  5. #5
    Brian Livingston
    Guest
    I'll consider this thread to be a non-fixer item. Without more testing, I'm hesitant to add to a help file, "Our rich-text editor doesn't work in Opera 10.10 beta." I also don't understand why *google* would be filtered out in a browser configuration file. Yes, this might keep Google ads from appearing, but how could you visit Google.com? If someone can make this error repeatable and understandable, I'll put it in the help file, but I'll consider it just a weird beta non-issue unless I hear otherwise. Also, rewriting the help file will take many days, and we're putting a high priority on features of IP.Board 3.0 that affect the largest number of Members.

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Super Moderator jscher2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    23,112
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonWallace View Post
    In case anyone's interested, I think I've pinned it down to Urlfilter.ini (a file in my profile which deals with content-blocking). A line in it read
    Code:
    "http://*google*"
    The rich text editor uses Javascript files hosted by Google:

    http:// ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.6/prototype.js
    http:// ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/scriptaculous/1.8/scriptaculous.js
    http:// ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/scriptaculous/1.8/effects.js
    http:// ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/scriptaculous/1.8/dragdrop.js
    http:// ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/scriptaculous/1.8/builder.js

    If you want to block Google ad domains without losing functionality, you probably need to tighten up your filter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •