3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a Dell LCD for six years that started getting vertical lines when I left the computer on for a while. After getting several opinions, the consensus was that I needed a new monitor. I purchased another Dell LCD and the same lines began appearing on it. I have an AMD 9800XT 256 video card and went through all of the troubleshooting and could not find this problem.

Is it possible that I have two bad monitors? It's been suggested that I plug the monitor or video card into another computer but the problem might not occur for hours.

I checked the connections and unseated and reseated the card. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks.

Thanks
    There are quite a few hits on Google searches for "vertical lines Dell LCD", and the problems seem to date from 2004-2006. Rather than me suggesting some links, it would probably be useful for you to compare your precise situation with what is there described.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are getting the lines with two monitors then the problem can be a bad video card. I had this problem with a client. At first I tried another monitor and the lines went away and then they started showing up after a day. We replaced the video card and after that the lines went away. The first video card ended up being bad after a day, but after replacing it with another new one the problem has gone away.