3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a Dell LCD for six years that started getting vertical lines when I left the computer on for a while. After getting several opinions, the consensus was that I needed a new monitor. I purchased another Dell LCD and the same lines began appearing on it. I have an AMD 9800XT 256 video card and went through all of the troubleshooting and could not find this problem.

Is it possible that I have two bad monitors? It's been suggested that I plug the monitor or video card into another computer but the problem might not occur for hours.

I checked the connections and unseated and reseated the card. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks.

Thanks
    There are quite a few hits on Google searches for "vertical lines Dell LCD", and the problems seem to date from 2004-2006. Rather than me suggesting some links, it would probably be useful for you to compare your precise situation with what is there described.
    BATcher

milliHelen
    (unit): that quantity of female facial beauty sufficient to launch a single ship

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are getting the lines with two monitors then the problem can be a bad video card. I had this problem with a client. At first I tried another monitor and the lines went away and then they started showing up after a day. We replaced the video card and after that the lines went away. The first video card ended up being bad after a day, but after replacing it with another new one the problem has gone away.