New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry

Just a quick question gang,
    I have this installed on both my laptop and my husband's. When I had Norton on board, picked up the Blaster Worm. Is this (Webroot) an effective package? Other than being slow to load a startup, there aren't any problems I'm aware of. Is there a better av/spyware product available?
    Thanks and have a safe day.
    The LT..
    You Light 'em, We Fight 'em

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TXFireFighter06 View Post
    Just a quick question gang,
    I have this installed on both my laptop and my husband's. When I had Norton on board, picked up the Blaster Worm. Is this (Webroot) an effective package? Other than being slow to load a startup, there aren't any problems I'm aware of. Is there a better av/spyware product available?
    Thanks and have a safe day.
    I seem to remember from another post about your hard drive problem, that you are using XP Pro?
    Asking about which AV program is best or preferred, is something like asking what is your favorite chili or whatever.

I lean toward the FREE versions after trying some of the other paid types. They all seem to do a decent job and the key is keeping the programs updated and either have them running in the background or running them manually at frequent times.
    Right now I triple boot, XP. Vista and Win7 RTM ( not the just released public version. That I'll do one of these days ).
    I have the just released MS Security Essentials running on the XP partition. It seems to be doing OK after some clashes I had with another utility I use.
    On the Vista and Win7, I'm using Avast.

Check out this link to a comparison of the top ten AVs. I think they are all the paid versions but the Freebies are also available from most.

http://anti-virus-so...tenreviews.com/
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viking33 View Post
    Right now I triple boot, XP. Vista and Win7 RTM ( not the just released public version. That I'll do one of these days ).
    NOTE: If you are running Win 7 RTM, you are already running the same bits as the recent public release. Some of the packaging elements may be different to accomodate last minute installation isssus but the OS code is the same.

Once Windows reaches RTM changes are introduced as patches.

Joe
    Joe