Thanks
    I thought that posts in the Test Area were purged after a few days, but there seem to be a few older ones than that still there. Is this a "feature" or a "bug"?

Ian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    I thought that posts in the Test Area were purged after a few days, but there seem to be a few older ones than that still there. Is this a "feature" or a "bug"?

Ian
    Maybe it's a buggy feature?
    I would think that the Test Area should be purged on a frequent interval but I guess the new Admins will have to answer and say if thats so or not.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking33 View Post
    Maybe it's a buggy feature?
    ... or a featured bug.
    Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The software that we used until late February of this year included a script that automatically purged threads from several forums after a set period of time. When we moved to new software in February, there was no direct equivalent, but one of the Admins performed this task manually. We'll have to see what happens in the new version of the software...

Brian Livingston
    I just checked the Test Area forum, and the only messages I see there are three days old or younger, so there doesn't currently seem to be a problem. I don't know what the current version of the software does to clean up posts there.

Thanks for reporting this!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Brian

Historically (as you know) the post [read as comments] were expired after 3 days of "non activity" or to put it simpler, no one replied to for 3 days.

The general feeling was that it was just for Loungers to test out the code, get the hang of the foibles of the software. Many Loungers have got used to the old rules of 3 day deletion as some of the conversations were seen as an extension of Scuttlebutt due to the short shelf life.

From experience the Test area has a great allure for banter and camaraderie and sometimes degenerated within the rules I personally think a 3 day rule is acceptable, manual or programmatically
    Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Livingston View Post
    I just checked the Test Area forum, and the only messages I see there are three days old or younger, so there doesn't currently seem to be a problem. I don't know what the current version of the software does to clean up posts there.

Thanks for reporting this!
    That certainly seems to be the case now, but when I mentioned it yesterday there were some in there that were much older.

Ian

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There doesn't appear to be any automated method of deleting posts if inactive after a certain date. I manually cleared out posts older than seven days yesterday, and the admins will do so for the immediate future.