Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 problems with o7:

    First, when I a, typing in a formula, a small tab appears giving me the elements of the formula. This would be ok most of the time, but in many instances it covers a cell I want to include in the formula. How do I get rid of it?
    Second, when I open a file with links to another unopened file, I get a #VALUE in the cells where there are links. How do I automatically update these files without opening the linked file?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    2 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gray, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    289
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkirk View Post
    2 problems with o7:

    First, when I a, typing in a formula, a small tab appears giving me the elements of the formula. This would be ok most of the time, but in many instances it covers a cell I want to include in the formula. How do I get rid of it?
    I believe you can click and drag the tab away from the formula. If I understand the question.

  3. #3
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

  4. #4
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stans View Post
    I believe you can click and drag the tab away from the formula. If I understand the question.
    Thanks Stans. Any way to eliminate it completely?

  5. #5
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    Hi Hans. Thanks. I tried option n. 4, and it worked well for the first file I opened. However, whern I opened the second file, the first file's links reverted to the #VALUE.

  6. #6
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Sorry, I don't have Excel 2007 myself so I can't test it.


  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mt Macedon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,993
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 45 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkirk View Post
    Thanks Stans. Any way to eliminate it completely?
    Excel Options...Advanced... Show Function Screen Tips
    [attachment=86333:screentips.gif]
    Removing this tick seems to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John



  8. #8
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhutchison View Post
    Excel Options...Advanced... Show Function Screen Tips
    [attachment=86333:screentips.gif]
    Removing this tick seems to do it.
    Thanks John.

  9. #9
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Still having problems with #VALUE on links...It appears as if I enter a formula, as opposed to a direct reference, this is where the problem is; that is, if I enter a direct reference to a cell in a an unopened file, say A1 in opened file=A1 in unopen file, everything is ok; however, when I try and enter a formula that will try and calculate something in the unopened file, that is where i get the #VALUE. Any ideas?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •