4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and want to have a circular logo to the left of, and the same depth as, a four line return address. I have studied the article in Linda's Computer stop http://personal-computer-tutor.com/addresslogo.htm but cannot get it to work. Maybe it is because I need the logo to the left of the return address. Does anyone have any suggestions or can point me to some other articles on the topic?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    "cannot get it to work" - in what way exactly?

Perhaps you could attach a copy of the document and indicate what you want.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philkiwi View Post
    I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and want to have a circular logo to the left of, and the same depth as, a four line return address. I have studied the article in Linda's Computer stop http://personal-computer-tutor.com/addresslogo.htm but cannot get it to work. Maybe it is because I need the logo to the left of the return address. Does anyone have any suggestions or can point me to some other articles on the topic?
    Have you set the Wrapping on the logo picture to 'Square'? That should allow the text to sit to the right of the logo

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfamily View Post
    Have you set the Wrapping on the logo picture to 'Square'? That should allow the text to sit to the right of the logo
    Thank you so much. Setting the wrapping to 'square' was the detail I needed. Works perfectly now.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, it all works perfectly now. But I have another question. If I wish to print an occasional envelope without the return address and logo I realise I click the omit button in Envelopes and Labels, but the logo still appears. Is there any way to temporarily repress it without deleting EnvelopeExtra1 from the AutoText list and thus having to set the whole thing up all over again?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philkiwi View Post
    Thanks, it all works perfectly now. But I have another question. If I wish to print an occasional envelope without the return address and logo I realise I click the omit button in Envelopes and Labels, but the logo still appears. Is there any way to temporarily repress it without deleting EnvelopeExtra1 from the AutoText list and thus having to set the whole thing up all over again?
    I never use the Envelopes and Labels wizard, but can't you click the 'Add to Document' button and manually delete the logo there?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I never use the Envelopes and Labels wizard, but can't you click the 'Add to Document' button and manually delete the logo there?
    I tried that but it didn't work. The logo still appeared, presumably because EnvelopeExtra1 is still listed in AutoText and I don't want to delete it from there as that will involve setting the whole thing up again from scratch. I read that in Word 97 there was a way to rename EnvelopeExtra1 to suppress it (hopefully only temporarily)but I can't figure out how to do it in Word 2003.

Thanks
    I wonder whether an AutoText entry with the identical name in the attached template would override the one in Normal.dot? I haven't tested that possibility...