3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I cannot figure out how to remove the return mark that is between the Excel chart and the caption below it (which is in the 2nd cell of a 2 cell table). Anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried the Backspace and Delete keys?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    Have you tried the Backspace and Delete keys?

yes

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    PS- I would also like reenable the dashed lines that indicate the table cell lines- I had that enabled in a prior install of Word 2007 (just installed Windows 7 on my system and reinstalled all application) but don't know how. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops, you added the screenshot while I replied.
    The character below the chart is not a paragraph mark (return) but an end-of-cell marker. You can't delete that.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Under Table Tools, on the Layout tab, in the Table group, click View Gridlines.

(From: Format a table)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben000 View Post
    I cannot figure out how to remove the return mark that is between the Excel chart and the caption below it (which is in the 2nd cell of a 2 cell table).
    It's a little difficult to understand the layout of your page. Is your table "inline" or "floating"? Is the chart "inline" or "floating"? Perhaps you can post a sample document if turning on the grid lines is not illuminating.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops, you added the screenshot while I replied.
    The character below the chart is not a paragraph mark (return) but an end-of-cell marker. You can't delete that.

OK- is there a way I can paste the Excel chart in differently so that the end-of cell marker doesn't appear in that spot? I've pasted charts into tables before and noticed that the end-of-cell marker is usually in a different location (either at the top of the chart or lower right but on the same actual line as the lower-right chart border). Basically, I want to avoid this space between the chart and the Figure caption text.

Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Under Table Tools, on the Layout tab, in the Table group, click View Gridlines.

(From: Format a table)
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I can tell, the chart is floating above the text. Try to make it inline with the text.

Or place the caption in the same cell as the chart.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you sure there isn't an empty row between the one with the chart and the one with the caption?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Based on your screenshot, it appears that the end of cell marker has been pushed down because it can't fit on the same line as the graphic which takes the full width of the table cell. Try making the cell a little bit wider - this won't matter as you are not showing the borders anyway. Alternatively, make the graphic a bit smaller.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    Based on your screenshot, it appears that the end of cell marker has been pushed down because it can't fit on the same line as the graphic which takes the full width of the table cell. Try making the cell a little bit wider - this won't matter as you are not showing the borders anyway. Alternatively, make the graphic a bit smaller.
    When I look at the screenshot I can see what appears to be a cell marker to the right of the graphic, and then another one below the graphic, and a third one to the right of the caption.

What has really confused me is the placing of the Page Break.

It would be really good to see the actual word document, rather than a screen shot.