3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 Upgrade-Printing Puzzler (Office 2000-Wint NT 4 (patch6))

We've been having some printing problems using DeltaView. Additions are shown with double underlines, deletes as strikeout. The double underline is printing so faint they are barely discernible. Changing the dpi's for the printer does not help. If the document is printed from DeltaView the underline is fine but that doesn't help because we need to have an electronic copy - and not pdf.
    So we used CompareRite which has at least always given us a good strong double underline. Not any longer.
    We upgraded to Office2000 recently. I don't know where the fault lies - I've tried changing any number of settings to no avail. Before the upgrade some users had the problem of the very faint double underline. I was testing Word2000 at the time so I would print the document for them and it was fine. That's not the case any more and I'm out of ideas. Anyone?
    Patricia

Thanks

Re: Office 2000 Upgrade-Printing Puzzler (Office 2000-Wint NT 4 (patch6))

Could this have anything to do with colors printing as shades of gray? In Office 97, choosing the option Print colors as black worked, but in Office 2000 with a PCL 5e or 6 driver targeting an HP 4050, it ignores this setting and prints colored text in shades of gray. I typically use a PostScript driver, and that driver does respect the setting. Just a thought.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, jscher. I don't know if our Lexmark Optra printers have the option to choose 'print colors as black' but I will certainly look for that. I don't know what kind of drivers we use but will pass along the info to our network people re postscript driver. Last year when I posted a question re printing problem someone else recommended using the PostScript so that might be worth looking at. Thanks again.
    Patricia

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There's also a setting at Tools / Options / Compatability, "Print colors as black on noncolor printers" that may be of benefit.
    Karen

Thanks

Thanks, Karen, that's the setting I meant that doesn't work properly with our PCL drivers, at least for Word 2000 prior to SR-1 (haven't asked the SR-1 users).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Karen. I'll check that out as well. All settings in DeltaView are set to Automatic since we don't have color printers.
    Patricia