Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Silver Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The "unsorted" (bulleted) or "sorted" (numbered) lists in the plain text editor doesn't work.

    Each new item you enter in the dialogue box overwrites the previous item, even the end code overwrites.

    [topic=767995]See this example in the Test Area[/topic].

  2. #2
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which browser are you using when you see this problem? I've tried Firefox 3.5.4, IE 8.0.6, and Chrome 3.0.195, and none of them exhibit the broken list behavior.

    As a possible workaround, you can type out the list beforehand (one item per line), select the entire list via mouse or keyboard, and click the appropriate list button. It should in theory automatically mark up the list.

  3. #3
    Silver Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Engler View Post
    Which browser are you using when you see this problem? I've tried Firefox 3.5.4, IE 8.0.6, and Chrome 3.0.195, and none of them exhibit the broken list behavior. [...]
    Firefox 3.5.4
    Lounge RTE disabled.

    I'll will take a closer look when I come back to the Lounge.

  4. #4
    Silver Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan,
    As you said: "... you can type out the list beforehand (one item per line), select the entire list via mouse or keyboard, and click the appropriate list button."

    It works, and that is how I many times did it on the old software.

    See post: 801709 in the Test Area forum.

  5. #5
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can now at least reliably reproduce the error, given the following conditions:

    1. If your browser "doesn't support the RTE" and you're using the plaintext editor, lists work normally.
    2. If your browser supports the RTE and you're using the RTE, lists work normally.
    3. If your browser supports the RTE but you have the plaintext editor enabled, lists misbehave.

    I didn't notice this before because I had overridden my useragent (by navigating to about:config and creating a new general.useragent.override String) to test the templates being delivered to people using the iPhone. Once I removed that string (Right-click -> Reset) and I was again identifying as FF3, the RTE was supported but disabled.

    Now, to see if I can determine the cause of the bug!

  6. #6
    Silver Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can trust me to find the odd cases. Well, not that odd, since most browsers support the RTE, I assume, and I don't think that many have enabled the RTE. But then you have start click around, testing, and I used the list style in some other posts and stumbled on that.

    If you ask me I wouldn't call it a high priority item, not even medium, but then I know how to use the lists. I just thought I should mention it.

    Thanks for checking.

  7. #7
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe this problem is now fixed. They were using a special list-building method for Gecko browsers which was broken, so I modified the script to use the same functional code it applies to all other browsers. Thanks, Argus!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •