3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All these commands are from withing Word 2007, so I'm posting my questions here.

I recently reinstalled MS Office from scratch on a new Windows 7 install. I notice now that I am unable to save Word 2007 docs in PDF format. Is there some type of add on or update from MS I need to download to enable this, or some advanced setting? I do have Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard installed on my system.

Also, I notice that, within Word 2007, my Print as>Adobe PDF>Properties options are now different. Specifically, I am no longer able to enter Adobe PDF Security: Reconfirm Security for each job, Adobe PDF Output Folder: Prompt for Adobe PDF filename (there is an Edit... tab but it is greyed out). Also, there is no selection of Prompt for Adobe PDF filename in the Adobe PDF Folder: field, and clicking the Browse tab has no result (I just see LPT1: in the drop-down field). Also, there is no longer a checkbox stating Rely on system fonts only, do not use document fonts. Perhaps the new checkbox of Do not send Fonts to "Adobe PDF" is equivalent?

Because I am not able to adjust settings int he Adobe PDF Security screen, there is no additional Adobe PDF Security screen tab, one that enables me to change the permissions password to enter the relevant password. Nor is there a Enable copying of text, images, and other content box.

I might be able to access these settings from within the Adobe PDF, but until my Office reinstall, I could accomplish all this through Word, which was handy.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you install Adobe Acrobat after Office 2007? If not, you should probably uninstall, then reinstall Acrobat - it will pick up the presence of Microsoft Office.

BTW, Office 2007 SP2 has built-in support for saving as PDF, but of course this built-in feature lacks Adobe-specific settings.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    hmm, makes me wonder if I do have SP2 b/c PDF doesn't appear as a Save as> option.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    To check which version you have:
    - Click the Office button.
    - Click Word Options.
    - Select Resources in the pane on the left.
    - Click About.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You need to download the free addin to be able to Save As Office files in PDF format (assuming you aren't using Adobe Acrobat or a similar tool).

You can download it from 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    You need to download the free addin to be able to Save As Office files in PDF format (assuming you aren't using Adobe Acrobat or a similar tool).

Office 2007 SP-2 has incorporated that add-in as standard functionality.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    Office 2007 SP-2 has incorporated that add-in as standard functionality.

Joe
    As mentioned higher up in this thread...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    Did you install Adobe Acrobat after Office 2007? If not, you should probably uninstall, then reinstall Acrobat - it will pick up the presence of Microsoft Office.

BTW, Office 2007 SP2 has built-in support for saving as PDF, but of course this built-in feature lacks Adobe-specific settings.

Just did a un/reinstall of Acrobat but that didn't provide me any of the options I am seeking.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben000 View Post
    hmm, makes me wonder if I do have SP2 b/c PDF doesn't appear as a Save as> option.
    SP1 MS0 for Office

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    SP1 MS0 for Office
    Unless yours is locked down work PC, I recommend you install SP-2.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have installed SP2, and now can save Word files as PDFs, but I am still lacking the Print as>Adobe PDF>Document Properties>Adobe PDF Security & Adobe PDF Folder options I used to have. I do need to be able to set security and password information on these PDFs before they go to the client.

Thanks
    I have installed SP2, and now can save Word files as PDFs, but I am still lacking the Print as>Adobe PDF>Document Properties>Adobe PDF Security & Adobe PDF Folder options I used to have.
    Didn't we conclude in the earlier thread that Microsoft's add-in doesn't have this feature? Perhaps the punch line is not there, but all the clues are... [topic=766759]Question about saving a Word 2007 doc as a PDF document[/topic].