Thread: Editing a post

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have noticed that editing a post does not appear to refresh the age of the last activity in the thread.

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showto...dpost&p=801579

I edited this post a few moments ago, but it appears that nobody else would be aware of the fact that an edit has occured? Or am I missing something?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The software we used until the end of February updated the time stamp of a post when it was edited. IP.Board, the software we're using now, doesn't do that (at least not by default), so the timestamp is not an accurate indicator of whether a post in a thread was edited; one has to actually look at the post and notice the "Edited by" line.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    So the edit of a spelling error would go unnoticed, which clearly is not a bad thing. However a significant edit, that changes or adds to the content of a post could also be missed, which could have a negative impact on the thread. I never noticed this on IPB2?

Ps: I notice that Dan has been a very busy boy this morning (probably amongst others)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think that YOU the editor will not see the new reply (comment) icon, but the rest of us will.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.