3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Having happily used W7 Ultimate RC for months as a dual boot with Vista Ultimate, I was very disappointed when I removed the dual boot( a few weeks before installing W7) and did a clean install of W7 Ultimate. All apps kept freezing, and use of both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8, and Office 2007 especially Outlook, a nightmare. I did another clean install and found no improvement. On the third attempt I opted not to use Easy Transfer and collected what I needed from windows.old and images I made before the initial W7 install. Things are vastly improved, other than Firefox, which still persists in freezing, driving me to IE. I wonder whether some of the files brought into the new install by Easy Transfer caused the problems I experienced.
    It puzzles me that I used exactly the same programs and hardware with the RC, and it ran perfectly............
    Hope this experience may help others who are experiencing problems with W7.
    Dianne

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have never been a fan of "Easy Transfer" or any program that thinks it knows what I need to transfer.
    As for program settings and accounts, I have found that I learn and control more if I do them on each rebuild or new OS. Yes, I may forget a few (sometimes a LOT) but I sooner or later get them all that I need.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I certainly learned that lesson! A totally fresh start is essential, and I learned how much software I genuinely need, rather than the many programs I thought I couldn't live without.
    The only residual problem is that Firefox is slow and frequently freezes with the W7 RTM- never a problem with the RC- last hurdle to overcome.
    Dianne