Thread: Disassociation

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have mistakenly associated a number of apps with a given extension (see attachment). Now I cannot figure out how to remove these faulty associations. Any help will be most appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you mean that you want to remove programs from the Open With list? These settings are stored in the registry, in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ext\OpenWithList, where ext is the extension. You can delete subkeys for applications you don't want to be listed.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    Do you mean that you want to remove programs from the Open With list? These settings are stored in the registry, in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ext\OpenWithList, where ext is the extension. You can delete subkeys for applications you don't want to be listed.
    Not quite. I want to move (in this case), Adobe; Firefox; and Java, from the 'Recommended Programs' section of the list to the 'Other Programs' section. Or will this be unnecessary when the correct application is identified?
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I suspect they'll turn up in the "Other Programs" list, but I can't guarantee that. I don't really know how Windows determines which programs to list there.